Unlike traditional planning and landscape architecture firms, Skeo’s expertise focuses extensively on area-wide and site-specific reuse and revitalization planning for vacant areas, brownfield lands, Superfund and formerly contaminated lands, and other underutilized sites.
As the EPA contractor for the Superfund Redevelopment Initiative and Technical Assistance Services for Communities, Skeo has supported hundreds of communities nationally to develop community-based reuse plans and locally relevant revitalization strategies. Our approach results in productive collaborations among environmental engineers, state regulatory agencies, EPA, property owners, business and industry sectors, residential communities, and local governments to develop realistic options that align with both local goals and best practices.
- Colorado Smelter Reuse and Revitalization | Pueblo, CO
- Kootenai Business Park Economic Development Action Plan | Libby, MT
- Implementation Strategies for a Sustainable Duluth | Duluth, MI
- Ulster Brownfield Opportunity Area Plan | Ulster, NY
- Former Beech-Nut Facility Community Redevelopment Vision | Canajoharie, NY
- GM Powertrain Plant Reuse Framework | Massena, NY
- Freeport Forward! Riverfront Enterprise Area Plan | Freeport, IL
- North End Neighborhoods Brownfield Opportunity Area Plan | Geneva, NY
- GM Lansing Plants Reuse Framework | Lansing, MI
- Paradise Creek Industrial Corridor Plan + Elizabeth River Charrette | Portsmouth, VA
- Quincy Smelter Concept Plan | Franklin Township, MI
- Buckbee-Mears Co. Site Reuse Plan | Cortland, NY
- East Helena Community Planning Charrette | East Helena, MT
- Richmond Green Infrastructure Assessment of Vacant Parcels | Richmond, VA